Looking for a quick, nutritious dinner? This One Pan Balsamic Chicken, Pasta & Vegetables comes together in under 30 minutes and is so delicious! Perfect for feeding a crowd (or meal prepping!) I have been compensated by Barilla for this post; however, I am sharing my own thoughts. All opinions are my own.
Pasta Sundays.. AKA the best day of the week. Where are my Italian friends at?? You know what I’m talking about! Growing up in a large Italian family, pasta was (and always will be) a staple in my diet! I’m lucky enough to have grown up with grandparents who are fabulous cooks and taught me a lot of what I know. If you ever were to stop by their homes on a Sunday.. you would’ve been able to smell the sauce cooking from down the street. The scent being a combo of sweet tomatoes, garlic simmering in fresh olive oil, and meatballs being fried. (I’m seriously getting hungry thinking about it!)
Sitting down with my family and friends to enjoy a giant bowl of pasta on Sundays is one of my favorite things to do. As a kid we would all eat together usually every week, but as my cousins + I have gotten older and gone away to school/moved, it’s harder to get every one together at the same time. Now we typically get together and go to my gram’s once a month or so, but it’s still just as fun (and the food just as delicious) as it was when I was little.One of the things I found to be a total bummer when I started eating healthy was that there was this whole stigma about no carb/low carb. I’ll admit.. for a month or so I fell into the trap. I would swap out zucchini noodles whenever eating pasta (which don’t get me wrong, I love my spiralizer.. but zucchini noodles are NOT pasta). I quickly realized you 100% burn out if you’re not eating enough carbs.. especially when you workout as much as I do! When I came across Barilla ProteinPLUS Pasta, I was super excited. It tastes just like regular pasta, but it’s made with egg whites, grains, lentils and chickpeas so it has a higher protein content!
[Tweet “One Pan Balsamic Chicken, Pasta & Vegetables sounds like the most delicious meal!”]
Being health conscious, I love that Barilla has options that are more nutritious than standard pastas, as well as having the traditional pastas that I love for when I want to indulge with my family. The ProteinPLUS is a great source of carbohydrates which are perfect for helping fuel us during our workouts. It’s also extremely versatile which means I can use it in any of my quick meals that I throw together at the end of the day. This One Pan Balsamic Chicken, Pasta & Vegetables is SO simple to make, and beyond delicious! I’m so excited for you to try it!
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (separated, see notes below)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups dry Barilla Protein Plus Pasta
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (separated, see notes below)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 cup thinly sliced butternut squash butternut squash pieces (I use my spiralizer)
- 1 cup shaved brussel sprouts
- 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh mozzarella
- Optional - 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- In small pan, bring water to a boil for pasta.
- While water is boiling, in a large pan saute chicken in 2 tablespoons olive oil and pepper until it is cooked.
- Once the chicken has cooked, add 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and saute for an additional 2-3 minutes until it absorbs into the chicken
- Once chicken has absorbed balsamic vinegar, remove from the pan and set to the side.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the large pan, heat, and add in butternut squash, brussel sprouts, mushrooms and rosemary.
- While veggies saute, cook 2 cups dry pasta per directions on the box.
- Sautee vegetables for 5-10 minutes on medium heat until they begin to soften.
- Once vegetables are slightly soft, add in cooked chicken, cooked pasta, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar and chopped mozzarella pieces.
- Stir together until cheese starts to melt + sprinkle in hot pepper (optional)
- Plate + enjoy!
Things we used for this recipe: Barilla ProteinPLUS Pasta, olive oil, pepper, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, hot pepper, Copper pan set
The combo of the veggies, balsamic + melty mozzarella cheese in this dish will seriously have you swooning. Honestly.. in my book.. ANYTHING with melted cheese is delicious.. but when you pair it with everything else here.. it’s seriously yummy and filling. The Barilla ProteinPLUS alone provides 17g of protein (per 3.5oz portion), and then when you add in the chicken, cheese + veggies – you have a complete meal! Between working a full time job, managing the blog, teaching group fitness + trying to maintain a balanced lifestyle – it’s key for me to have meals like this I can rely on to cook quickly at the end of the day (I’m sure you know the feeling!) If you want to try the pasta, you can use this link to get $1 off.
Pin it for later:
Barilla Gluten Free pasta has recently been named one of Parents Magazine’s “Top 25 Allergy Free Foods”
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.“Affiliate” means that we make a little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. We appreciate your support!