One Pan Balsamic Chicken, Pasta & Vegetables is a quick nutritious dinner that comes together in under 30 minutes. Easy to make, veggie packed and so tasty!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
This One Pan Balsamic Chicken Pasta & Vegetables is one of my favorite meals to make. It’s incredibly versatile, packed with veggies, cozy, and delicious.
I like to use gluten free pasta and a combo of broccoli, tomatoes and mushrooms for veggies. (You can totally use other veggies you like!)
It’s the perfect balance of being a hearty pasta dinner while still being protein packed and filling.
Growing up in a large Italian family, pasta was (and always will be) a staple in my diet! So many people are afraid of pasta and carbs, but I totally am not.
As with all my recipes, I have found simpler, lighter ways to enjoy some of my favorite things. Instead of only eating a big bowl of carbs, I like to balance it out with lots of veggies and lean protein.
When you add in chicken and a pasta that’s made from heartier ingredients like these lentil penne that are made with a mix of lentil flour and pea protein with 11g of protein per serving!
The pasta is also gluten free and while I don’t have a gluten allergy I find that gluten free pasta tends to be easier on my stomach.
The other reason why I love this One Pan Balsamic Chicken Pasta & Vegetables is because it is SO easy to make and requires minimal effort.
While the name says it’s a one pan dinner.. you do technically have to use a second pan to boil the pasta.. but still.. I’ll take two dishes over a whole mess of dishes ANY day!
In addition to being a great easy dinner, this One Pan Balsamic Chicken Pasta & Vegetables also is great for meal prepping. In 30 minutes you can have 4 meals ready to go for the week!
However you choose to enjoy this meal, we know you’ll love it!
What you’ll need to make One Pan Balsamic Chicken + Pasta
- lentil penne
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- sea salt
- red pepper flakes
- chicken stock
- balsamic vinegar
Other delicious pasta recipes:
- Vegan Pasta Fagioli
- Whole30 Greek Chicken Zucchini Noodles
- Healthy Pasta Primavera
- Whole30 Pesto Chicken Zucchini Noodles
One Pan Balsamic Chicken, Pasta & Vegetables
- 1/2 lb penne pasta (lentil or GF if necessary)
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil separated, see notes below
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (omit if you don't like heat)
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In small pan, bring water to a boil for pasta. In a large skillet pan heat 2 tbsp olive oil.
- While water is boiling, cut chicken into 1 inch cubes. Once oil is hot, add chicken to the pan and sauté for 12-15 minutes until chicken is browned on edges and cooked through
- While the chicken is cooking, cut vegetables and herbs.
- Once the chicken has cooked, add in vegetables, herbs, spices and chicken stock. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes.
- While veggies sauté, cook pasta per directions on the box.
- Uncover the pan. Add balsamic vinegar and cooked pasta to the pan. Saute uncovered for additional 3-4 minutes. Serve + enjoy!