Looking for a fun, festive treat for Easter? Try this Paleo Easter Nest Cookies Recipe. Gluten free, grain free and dairy free – these are the best paleo Easter dessert!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
I mean.. are these not the cutest little paleo dessert you’ve ever seen?! I love them! Not only are they festive, but they’re just the perfect amount of sweet, and have such a yummy chewy texture from the coconut. (It was hard not to eat them all as I was taking the pictures!) These Paleo Easter Nest Cookies took me a few tries to get perfect – but they were definitely worth the effort. I’m so excited to be sharing them today!
Easter is one of my favorite holidays. I was chatting with my family about it the other day – but I think it’s a combo of three things. One: There is no pressure about gifts. (I hate the hustle/bustle that comes with Christmas because everyone’s worried about gifts.) Two: Spring is coming and you can feel it in the air! Sometimes when Easter is later on in the season it’s actually nice out, but I think this year it’s still going to be pretty chilly. The last thing that I love is obviously the desserts!
I come from a family that is ALL about the desserts (really no matter what the holiday is). On Easter, we usually make the traditional Italian pies – rice, ricotta + Italian cream. They’re some of my absolute FAVORITE things to eat! Especially the Italian cream.. it’s a mix of vanilla + chocolate cream in a homemade crust… it’s delicious.
Waaay back when I was in high school, I had made these cute Easter nest cookies for Easter brunch to add to the dessert table. They were a hit with my family, and with the Easter holiday coming up, I was wondering if I could make a healthier, gluten free version. (The one I had originally used had a boatload of butter + sugar in them!) I wasn’t a huge fan of the way these tasted with gluten free flour, so I opted to use a mix of coconut + blanched almond flours to create these perfect little Paleo Easter Nest Cookies! I think you + your family will love them.
Paleo Easter Nest Cookies
- 54 jelly beans
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 drop green food coloring
- In a bowl mix together almond flour, coconut flakes, coconut, and baking soda. Stir in maple syrup, egg, coconut oil and vanilla extract until combined
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls, pressing with thumb in middle to make a small indent
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until edges start to brown. These cookies don't spread much, so they can be fairly close together.
- While cookies are baking, stir together coconut flakes + food coloring until coconut turns green for 'grass'.
- When the cookies are done baking, remove from the oven. Place a pinch of shredded coconut 'grass' and 2-3 jelly bean 'eggs' in the nests
Things we used for this recipe: baking sheet, silpat liner, blanched almond flour, shredded unsweetened coconut, coconut flour, baking soda, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, jelly beans, all natural food coloring
These Paleo Easter Nest Cookies are great for kids who may have a gluten/dairy allergy, and fun for anyone to decorate! The coconut/almond flour combo gives them the most perfect texture and makes them simply irresistible – perfect for celebrating with!
You can view the Nutrition Facts for this recipe here.