Paleo Easter Nest Cookies are a fun, festive treat! Gluten free, grain free and dairy free – these are the best paleo Easter dessert!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
I mean.. are these not the cutest paleo Easter dessert you’ve ever seen?! I love them!
Not only are they festive, but they’re just the perfect amount of sweet, and have such a yummy chewy texture from the coconut. (It was hard not to eat them all as I was taking the pictures!)
These Paleo Easter Nest Cookies took me a few tries to get perfect – but they were definitely worth the effort. I’m so excited to be sharing them today!
Easter is one of my favorite holidays. I was chatting with my family about it the other day – but I think it’s a combo of three things.
One: There is no pressure about gifts. (I hate the hustle/bustle that comes with Christmas because everyone’s worried about gifts.)
Two: Spring is coming and you can feel it in the air! Sometimes when Easter is later on in the season it’s actually nice out, but I think this year it’s still going to be pretty chilly. The last thing that I love is obviously the desserts!
I come from a family that is ALL about the desserts (really no matter what the holiday is). On Easter, we usually make the traditional Italian pies – rice, ricotta + Italian cream.
They’re some of my absolute FAVORITE things to eat! Especially the Italian cream.. it’s a mix of vanilla + chocolate cream in a homemade crust… it’s delicious.
Waaay back when I was in high school, I had made these cute Easter nest cookies for Easter brunch to add to the dessert table.
They were a hit with my family, and with the Easter holiday coming up, I was wondering if I could make a healthier, gluten free version.
(The one I had originally used had a boatload of butter + sugar in them!) I wasn’t a huge fan of the way these tasted with gluten free flour, so I opted to use a mix of coconut + blanched almond flours to create these perfect little Paleo Easter Nest Cookies!
I think you + your family will love them.
These Paleo Easter Nest Cookies are great for kids who may have a gluten/dairy allergy, and fun for anyone to decorate!
The coconut/almond flour combo gives them the most perfect texture and makes them simply irresistible – perfect for celebrating with!
Other healthy desserts to try:
Paleo Easter Nest Cookies
- In a bowl mix together almond flour, coconut flakes, coconut, and baking soda. Stir in maple syrup, egg, coconut oil and vanilla extract until combined
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls, pressing with thumb in middle to make a small indent
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until edges start to brown. These cookies don’t spread much, so they can be fairly close together.
- While cookies are baking, stir together coconut flakes + food coloring until coconut turns green for ‘grass’.
- When the cookies are done baking, remove from the oven. Place a pinch of shredded coconut ‘grass’ and 2-3 jelly bean ‘eggs’ in the nests