These Paleo Gingerbread Biscotti are the perfect crunchy, delicious holiday cookie! Naturally gluten and grain free, they’re a yummy festive treat! This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill.
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
When it comes to the holidays, I’m all about the gingerbread flavored things. Whether it be Healthy Gingerbread Cashew Butter, Healthy Gingerbread Muffins, a Whole30 Gingerbread Latte.. you name it, I’m making it. While I love all of these things, I love these Paleo Gingerbread Biscotti the most if we’re being honest. A crunchy, perfectly crisp, gingerbread biscotti that is naturally gluten + grain free? Sign me up!
If you’ve never had biscotti, they’re traditionally filled with sugar, white flour, and often chocolate. So I gave them a MAJOR makeover and removed the gluten/grains/refined sugar.
You’re probably thinking… how can you take out sugar, gluten and grains from a cookie and have it not taste like cardboard. Believe me – I was wondering if it could be done too… and I’m here to tell you IT CAN! Wanna know why? Cause’ this Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour is basically magical.
Never in a million years did I ever think I would call any gluten-free baking flour magical. I’ve tried so many and you know what I’ve gotten when using them? Cookies, cakes, and breads that usually get a big fat FAIL written all over them with a trip to the garbage can. (Who else has had this happen.. I know you are out there!) That is never the case with this flour or Bob’s Red Mills 1-to-1 Gluten Free Flour in my experience!
Everything I’ve made with it comes out so yummy. A few months ago I made these Paleo Pumpkin Snickerdoodles and they were DELISH. I’ve also tried bagels and a paleo bread that came out so yummy! Seriously… I couldn’t be more impressed.
Now that the holiday season is here, I know a lot of people who suffer from gluten or grain allergies are struggling to find healthy treat options. While I don’t have a gluten allergy, I do have an intolerance to it, and I try to stay away from it because I know it doesn’t make me feel great. Knowing I have an option that I can make healthy treats with makes me so happy. I know you’re gonna love these!
Fair warning.. if you make these.. you’re not going to be able to stop eating them. They’re without a doubt going to disappear verrrry quickly. Between dipping them in coffee, having as a pre-workout snack (yea, I did that), or enjoying them for dessert.. they’re the perfect crispy, slightly sweet treat!
Things we used to make Paleo Gingerbread Biscotti:
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract
- Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- silpat baking sheets (I swear by these for making cookies!)
- cookie sheets
Can you make this recipe with different flour?
I tried making this recipe with a mix of almond, coconut and tapioca flours – but it did not match the consistency. I recommend purchasing + using the Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour, it truly is worth the money!
Paleo Gingerbread Biscotti
- Preheat oven for 350.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until dough is combined, it will be sticky.
- On a lined baking sheet (I used parchment paper) split the dough into two and form two ‘logs’. (Note: spray your hands with olive oil and it will be easier to shape the dough.)
- Form the ‘logs’ to be 2 inches wide and 1 inch high.
- Bake the biscotti at 350 for 25 minutes until they are starting to get golden brown.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and wait 5 minutes for the biscotti to cool slightly. Slice the biscotti logs so they are one inch thick.
- Lay the biscotti on one side + bake for 10 minutes. Remove the biscotti from the oven, flip, and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until they are crisp.
- Allow the biscotti to cool + enjoy!
You can find the nutrition facts for this recipe here.
Looking for other festive treats? Check out these recipes!