This Paleo Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies recipe is a delicious weeknight dinner! Done in under 30 minutes, healthy, gluten free & so easy to make! This baked balsamic chicken and potatoes will without a doubt become a favorite it your house!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links. This post was originally shared in December of 2017 but has since been updated.
There’s literally nothing we love more than SHEET PAN DINNERS. They are truly the best. Easy clean up and totally delicious – they’re my kinda meal!
This balsamic chicken + veggie dinner is one of our most popular recipes, and for good reason! It’s made with simple pantry staples and comes together in just about 30 minutes.
Chicken, potatoes, and veggies all get baked together on the same pan for a delicious meal!
As much as I love making more in depth dishes with different flavors, and more detailed processes.. sometimes I like to throw everything in a pan, bake it in the oven, and call it a day.
This is why I make this baked balsamic chicken and veggies ALL the time.
(This Apple Pork Tenderloin Sheet Pan Dinner is another recipe just like this that is so good!)
This super easy recipe is great if you’re Whole30, paleo, or just looking for a yummy healthy dinner. Let me show you just how easy it is to make!
Ingredients for Baked Balsamic Chicken Dinner:
This Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies Dinner is SO simple. All you’ll need are:
If you don’t have those veggies on hand, I’ve listed substitutions in the green box below. Anything works well in this dish!
We love this meat thermometer for checking the temp to make sure your meat is cooked thoroughly!
How to make sheet pan chicken and potatoes:
To make this sheet pan chicken and potatoes meal:
- Whisk together your marinade.
- Add everything to a bowl and toss to combine. Something to note – I like to butterfly and pound my chicken breasts so that they’re all the same size. This ensures that your chicken breasts all cook evenly!
- Prepare a parchment lined baking sheet (parchment is MUCH better than foil for meals like this.) Using the parchment paper also makes for super easy clean up. You can just toss it in the trash when you’re done and give your baking sheet a quick wash in case any juices get on it!
- Lay your chicken and veggies out on the baking dish evenly.
- Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes + you’re good to go!
Substitutions for this sheet pan balsamic chicken recipe:
This meal is super versatile. You can substitute different veggies, spices, meat, etc. Here are a few versions we have tried.
Keto: Sub in low carb veggies for potatoes!
Herbs: If you don’t like rosemary, you can sub basil or thyme. Either one would be delicious in this dish!
Chicken/Meat: If you don’t have chicken breasts, you can use chicken thighs or even chicken tenders. I bet that salmon would work well in this meal as well, but you would need to cook the veggies ahead of time because salmon cooks so quickly.
Veggies: You can sub the green beans/carrots with brussels sprouts, broccoli or butternut squash
Potatoes: You can sub fingerling potatoes for russet potatoes cut in roughly the same size
Grilled: If you would like a grilled option, try our Grilled Balsamic Chicken Recipe.
This recipe would also be great for meal prepping! You can double it to get a bunch of meals prepped for the week!
Is it safe to use the same marinade from the chicken on the veggies?
I’ve had a few people ask if this is safe to do because you’re technically cross contaminating the vegetables with raw chicken marinade. If you were cooking the vegetables at a different temperature than the chicken, this would be a BIG no.
Since everything is going in the oven at once and cooking for the same time – you’re in the clear! However, if this idea still bothers you, simply divide the marinade up before adding it to the chicken!
We hope you love this balsamic chicken dinner as much as we do! It’s the perfect healthy meal any time of year. Simple, delicious, and hearty!
Other healthy sheet pan dinner recipes you’ll love:
Love chicken? Check out our favorite healthy chicken breast recipes!
Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
- 2 lbs chicken breasts boneless, skinless , butterflied and pounded thinly
- 2 cups baby carrots (about 12 oz)
- 2 1/2 cups fresh green beans halved
- 1 1/2 cups fingerling potatoes cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a small bowl, mix together oil, balsamic vinegar, and spices.
- Pour marinade in ziploc bag. Add chicken, veggies and potatoes together and shake to combine. If time, allow to marinate (over night is best, but 30 minutes is good too! Marinating isn’t necessary)
- Lay veggies and chicken breast flat on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked thoroughly. You can broil for 1-2 minutes to get the potatoes/veggies a little crispy, but make sure to watch to avoid it burning!
- If you don’t like rosemary, you can sub basil or thyme. Either one would be delicious in this dish!
- If you don’t have chicken breasts, you can use chicken thighs or even chicken tenders
- You can sub the green beans/carrots with brussels sprouts, broccoli or butternut squash
- You can sub fingerling potatoes for russet potatoes cut in roughly the same size