Check out this Souper Cubes Review and learn why this Shark Tank product is a must have kitchen item for those who love to freeze food!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links. This post is not sponsored but we are Souper Cubes affiliates.
If you’re anything like me – you may have seen the episode of Shark Tank featuring Souper Cubes and thought ‘Wow. Those look pretty cool!’, or maybe it was their ads following you around.. or maybe you saw your favorite foodie on Instagram singing their praises.
Either way, after using the cubes for a few months, I can attest to the fact that they are in fact AWESOME!
This is a totally unsponsored, unbiased review. I purchased these cubes on my own and loved them so much that I decided to become an affiliate for them.
In this post I’m going to be breaking down everything you need to know about Souper Cubes from what they are, to what you can do with them, how much they cost, and more.
Let’s get into it!
What are Souper cubes
Souper Cubes are silicone molds designed for freezing food. They’re made from 100% food grade silicone and both the molds and lids are completely BPA free.
Souper Cubes are dishwasher and oven safe (lids aren’t oven safe). They freeze food in perfect pre-sized portions including 1, 2 and 1/2 cup increments!
Souper Cubes Discount
Souper Cubes Cost
Souper Cubes currently have 6 different products:
- 1 Cup Tray – $19.95
- 2 Cup Tray – $19.95
- 1/2 Cup Tray – $19.95
- 2 tablespoon/1 oz: $31.99 (pack of 2)
- Cookie Tray: $29.95 (pack of 2)
- Square Baking Dish: $31.95 (pack of 2)
- MyMylk: $39.95 (pack of 2)
How Big is a Souper Cube?
Souper cubes range in sizes from tablespoons, 1/2 cup, cub and 2 cups.
Why We Like Super Cubes Freezer Portions
There’s a lot to love about Souper Cubes. Here are some of the things we love about these freezing molds
- Portion controlled for future recipes or meals– All of the Souper Cubes molds have measuring lines on the inside so that you can portion them out in exactly 1/2, 1, or 2 cup increments. This is great for future recipes or meals (specifically for broth)
- Stacks nicely in your freezer – When placing the Souper Cubes in your freezer, they sit flat and stack nicely. They’re very compact and will fit in even the smallest of freezers!
- Freeze in nice squares– Once your food is frozen, it’s in perfectly portioned little rectangles or squares, making it easy to transfer to a reusable ziploc bag and stack in the freezer.
- No Plastic- I really try to reduce my plastic use and avoid it in the kitchen. I love that these are completely plastic and BPA free!
- Reduces food waste & save $$ – I hate throwing away food and love that I can reduce my food waste simply by using these!
- Great for Meal Prep – These make meal prepping a breeze. We always have a cube or two in the freezer ready to be defrosted for a quick meal.
Are souper cubes worth it?
I think that Souper Cubes are totally worth it. It may seem crazy to spend $20 on what seems to be a fancy container, but I assure you – it’s worth every single penny.
These cubes have made meal prepping and storing food so much easier and far more efficient.
I highly recommend getting the 1 cup tray to start. You can use code CLEANEATINGCOUPLE for 10% on their site, but I honestly think you’ll be back for more after you purchase one.
Cons of Souper Cubes:
Honestly, the only con I can think of for these Souper Cubes is the cost.
Personally, I don’t think it’s a con because I’m always happy to pay for a product that is worth every penny (and these totally are!)
What Do You Use Souper Cubes For?
- Meal Preppers: I like to cook more food than I need and freeze extras for a ‘rainy day’. If you are someone that likes to meal prep – this can really step your game up
- People who love their freezers: This might seem obvious, but if you are someone that uses their freezer for literally ANYTHING – these are going to be a game changer. They stack nicely and the portions are so awesome!
- People who like to cook for others: I’m always sharing leftovers with friends and family. I love that I can freeze them in these easy cubes, pop them in a bag and send them on their way without worrying about getting a container back.
Can I bake in Souper Cubes?
The lid is not oven safe.
How do you use a Souper Cube?
It’s pretty easy to use a Souper Cube! I use them like I would use any other container. I ladle my leftovers into the cube to the fill line. Add the lid to the Souper cube and place into the freezer.
When done freezing I simply pop the cubes out and enjoy, or transfer them to these ReZip reusable bags.
When ready to eat I’ll microwave the cube of frozen food or reheat it in a pan.
How Long Does It Take Souper Cubes to Freeze?
It takes about 24 hours for Souper Cubes to freeze. Freezing time will depend on the temperature of your food when placing it in the molds, your freezer, house, and whatever else you have in the freezer.
How Do You Store Frozen Souper Cubes?
I’ve found the best way to store Souper Cubes is to remove them from the molds and place into freezer safe ziploc bags. The bags can then be stacked in the freezer.
What we like to store in our Souper Cubes
We store pretty much anything and everything in our Souper Cubes. Here are some of our favorite things to store in them:
- Broth– We make a lot of broth. Whether it be Turkey Broth, Beef Broth, Chicken Broth, Instant Pot Bone Broth or Slow Cooker Bone Broth
- Soups & Chili– Soup is on the weekly menu here. We love freezing our Potato Soup, Minestrone Soup or Turkey Chili for a future meal
- Cooked Meats: Shredded Chicken or Pulled Pork fit nicely in the 1 cup souper cubes and can easily be defrosted for lunch or dinner!
Anything that you can freeze can be put in a Souper Cube for later!
What are souper cubes made out of?
Souper Cubes molds are made out of BPA free food grade silicone.
I try to avoid plastic at all costs in our house for health and environmental reasons, and love that I’m not storing my food in cheaply made plastic containers that disintegrate with every use.
Souper Cubes MyMylk
Instead of freezing breast milk in plastic bags, these trays are super sturdy and reusable! The trays allow you to freeze milk in 1/2 oz portions and in a circle that will fit in any baby bottle opening!
The MyMylk trays are sold with 2 reusable trays, 2 lids, and a freezer magnet with breast milk storage guidelines.
Did Souper Cubes get a deal on Shark Tank?
Yes, Souper Cubes got a deal on Shark Tank.
Lori Grenier offered them her ‘golden ticket’- a once per season opportunity where she gives entrepreneurs their original asking offer without any negotiations.
Souper Cubes gave 5% equity in exchange for $400,000, giving their company an $8M valuation.
Super Cubes Shark Tank Update
Since appearing on Shark Tank, Souper Cubes have grown massively. They are sold in many retailers online and in stores. Souper Cubes have expanded their product lines with new sizes, bakeware, and their MyMylk product.
Souper Cubes Alternative
There’s a reason why we love Souper Cubes. They’re a fantastic product. I wouldn’t recommend purchasing an alternative.
You might be wondering: why are Souper Cubes so expensive? They’re made with high quality silicone, and unlike many of the knock offs you’ll find on Amazon – they’re much sturdier.
The molds are flexible enough that you can easily pop out whatever you’ve frozen, but they also are strong enough that you can easily move them with liquid in them without them collapsing.
There are lots of souper cubes alternatives online, but we’ll stick with the real deal.
You can use our code CLEANEATINGCOUPLE for 10% off your order of SouperCubes.