The most delicious Turkey Meatloaf Recipe! This Easy Ground Turkey Meatloaf is perfect for a hearty, healthy dinner everyone will love!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
I know that meatloaf often gets a bad wrap, but it can actually be a really delicious and healthy meal!
This recipe makes a really moist turkey meatloaf that has a ton of flavor thanks to some simple spices and a delicious ketchup and worcheshire sauce on top!
Why We Love This Healthy Turkey Meatloaf:
This Meatloaf is the PERFECT weeknight dinner. It is the perfect healthier version of classic meatloaf! Here are a few reasons why we love it so much:
- Easy to substitute: You can make this recipe gluten and dairy free. See our recommended substitutions below!
- Versatile: This meatloaf is so good for dinner, with your favorite pasta, or on fresh bread for a delicious sandwich.
- Great source of protein: Ground turkey is packed with lean protein and there are 33g of protein per serving in this recipe!
What is Meatloaf?
Meatloaf is ground meat baked into the form of a loaf. It’s an American comfort food staple that has been made and loved for generations!
Is meatloaf healthy?
Traditional meatloaf is not healthy. It is often packed with calories, saturated fats, and high levels of sodium. This recipe is a much healthier option!
Easy Turkey Meatloaf Ingredients:
Ingredients for easy meatloaf:
- ground turkey
- onion, garlic
- bread crumbs
- dried basil, dried parsley, dried oregano, salt, pepper
- parmesan cheese
For the topping:
- worchestershire sauce
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
How To Make Ground Turkey Meatloaf
- In a bowl, mix meatloaf ingredients until combined.
- Place the meatloaf mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and form into a loaf shape.
- Mix together ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Brush the top of the meatloaf with the sauce.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes until the edges of the meatloaf are browned and the internal temperature of the meatloaf has reached 165 F when taken with a meat thermometer.
Do you cover meatloaf when baking?
Yes, you can cover it with aluminum foil to keep it moist.
How Long to Cook Turkey Meatloaf
It takes roughly 30 minutes to cook turkey meatloaf.
Turkey Meatloaf Temp
350 degrees is a good temperature so it does not dry out.
Ground Turkey Meatloaf Recipe Substitutions
Milk: Feel free to use a dairy-free milk alternative in this recipe
Parmesan Cheese: To make this dairy-free, you can leave out the parmesan cheese
Egg Substitute for Meatloaf: You can make this meatloaf without the egg, or try adding pumpkin puree to add moisture to this dish.
Breadcrumbs: Any gluten free breadcrumbs can be used in this recipe to make it gluten-free.
What to serve with Ground Turkey Meatloaf
We love enjoying this meatloaf as a protein with our Healthy Baked Ziti Pasta for dinner.
It also tastes great with a side salad, like our Spinach Strawberry Salad, or alongside vegetables like our Grilled Vegetables in Foil or Roasted Potatoes. You can also serve with bbq sauce on the side.
Moist Turkey Meatloaf Storage
Storing: This will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
Can you freeze meatloaf?
Freezing: You can freeze this recipe for up to 3 months. We like these containers for freezing!
How to reheat Meatloaf
Reheating: You can reheat this recipe in the microwave, toaster oven, oven or on the stove.
Best Turkey Meatloaf FAQ
It doesn’t have enough to bind it. Try adding extra egg or breadcrumbs, these will help keep the meat together.
Spices and herbs help to give ground turkey flavor. Onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper are all great.
Yes! Ground turkey is a great, healthier substitute for ground beef in meatloaf.
Milk! it adds so much moisture to the meatloaf.
Best Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375 and prepare a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a bowl mix together meatloaf ingredients until combined.
- Place the meat mixture onto the parchment lined baking sheet and form into a loaf.
- Mix together ketchup and worcestershire sauce. Brush the top of the meatloaf with the sauce.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes until the edges of the meatloaf are browned and the internal temperature of the meatloaf has reached 165 F.