These Healthy Salsa Recipes are easy to make! Browse 35+ unique salsa recipes from authentic salsa to mango salsa! Gluten free + delicious. Perfect for snacking on or adding to salads, tacos, chicken or fish!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
If you’re trying to eat healthier, you might be feeling a little left out during the Cinco de Mayo or Friday night fun – but you can still enjoy one of these Healthy Salsa Recipes.
How to enjoy Healthy Salsa:
- Lettuce wraps
- On top of grilled chicken/fish
- In a marinade
- As a dressing
- With chips
The list goes on and on! If you’re on a Whole30 – salsa is a great way to add flavor to dishes.. and if you’re not on a Whole30 it’s perfect for snacking on with a big bag of chips!
Our Pineapple Mango Salsa is one of my favorite recipes to make as a snack or a topping to lettuce wraps/ tacos. This salsa is my go to, but lately I’ve been looking to switch it up.
These salsas would be perfect for Taco Tuesday, Cinco de Mayo, or pretty much any day. I mean… who really needs a holiday to enjoy some chips and salsa?! Not me 🙂
All of these salsa recipes are healthy, paleo, and gluten free! Most of them are also Whole30 friendly.
Savory Healthy Salsa Recipes:
Chipotle Salsa is a yummy and flavorful appetizer. You can also use as the star ingredient for your Mexican dishes. Enjoy!
Wild Fermented Salsa is packed with nutrients, natural probiotics and live enzymes! The wild fermented salsa is delicious, good for digestion, and free of all major allergens, such as gluten, dairy, eggs and nuts.
Authentic Mexican Salsa is SO delicious. We love to make this for taco night!
Roasted Tomatillo Onion & Jalapeno Salsa is packed with flavor and creaminess thanks to roasted tomatillos, onion and jalapeños! Learn how to make homemade roasted tomatillo salsa to serve with chips, tacos, enchiladas and more.
Roasted Tomatillo Avocado Salsa is packed with flavor, super easy to make, and ready to go in less than 30 minutes! It’s made with wholesome ingredients and is paleo, vegan, gluten free, and Whole30 approved!
Homemade Salsa with Charred Tomatoes is easy to make and packed full of flavor. The tomatoes, onions and jalapeños are given a quick cook on a hot pan to give a bit of a smoky cooked flavor to the salsa.
Spicy Mexican Salsa is made with roasted Chile de Arbol pods and fresh Tomatillos. This salsa is perfect on all your favorite Mexican dishes!
Healthy Pico de Gallo Recipes
Hatch Green Chile Pico de Gallo is a delicious chunky salsa with diced green chiles for extra flavor.
Authentic Pico de Gallo (pictured above) is a delicious fresh salsa recipe. Learn how to make this Authentic Pico de Gallo Recipe at home!
Cucumber Pico de Gallo recipe has all the classic ingredients, plus chopped fresh cucumber. It’s a refreshing, healthy, and flavorful Mexican-inspired salsa fresca or side dish.
Salsa Guacamole is a combo of ripe avocados and Pico de Gallo- simple and delicious!
Pineapple Pico De Gallo can be served with chips or as the perfect finishing touch to pork or fish tacos. It takes just five minutes to prepare with only a handful of ingredients and is naturally vegan and gluten-free.
Jamaican Jerk Salsa is mad with freshly roasted tomatoes and a dash of warm, rich spices!
Chunky Avocado Salsa is perfect for adding on top of proteins, a salad and more!
Homemade Low-Sodium Salsa is packed with all the fresh ingredients and vibrant flavors you love without the extra sodium or fillers you find in the store-bought versions!
Healthy Fruit Salsa Recipes:
Pineapple Mango Salsa is an easy, delicious, fresh salsa recipe! Paleo, gluten free, whole30 + packed with flavor.
Jicama Kiwi Mango Salsa is loaded with jicama which gives it a refreshing bite, while the mango and kiwi lend their sweetness in this jicama mango kiwi salsa that is perfect for Summer!
Mandarin Orange Salsa is the perfect summer palette of sweet juicy oranges, fresh herbs, jalapeño, and a pinch of lime juice.
Peach Cucumber Salsa is the perfect refreshing summer snack. Low calorie, Whole30 friendly, paleo and gluten free – it’s so delicious!
Citrus, Mango & Avocado Salsa is a bright, fresh salsa everyone will love. The combo of citrus, mango and avocado can’t be beat!
Pineapple Cilantro Salsa is a colorful, chunky dip that’s packed with flavor.
Mango Salsa is a yummy basic mango salsa recipe everyone will love!
Peach Basil Salsa is the best way to use up summer fruit!
Cucumber Watermelon Salsa is a light and refreshing salsa that captures the flavors of summer.
Apple Salsa with Pomegranate makes a great appetizer or snack any time of year. This recipe is a little savory, a little sweet and a little spicy! It’s refreshing and healthy too!
Avocado Mango Salsa is sweet and fresh. With juicy mangos, and tangy lime it makes a great healthy dip or topping.
If you’re feeling lazy and don’t want to make your own salsa, here are some healthy jarred salsas!
Jarred Whole30 Salsas:
- Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde or Trader Joe’s Hatch Valley Salsa (Pretty expensive to order online – I’d get it in store but I linked it on Amazon just in case. I have a huge list of The Best Whole 30 Trader Joe’s Shopping List if you’re looking for other ideas!)
- Muir Glen Organic Mild Salsa
- Newman’s Own Mild Salsa
- 2 Gringos Chupacabra Salsa
- Clint’s Texas Salsa
Healthy Salsa Recipe
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes diced finely in small squares
- 2 cup mangoes diced finely in small squares
- 2 cup pineapple diced finely in small squares
- 1 cup onion minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon jalapeño seeds removed, diced finely
- Chop all ingredients finely
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients + toss until thoroughly combined.
- Serve with chips or over chicken/fish.
- Note: This salsa is best if left in the fridge for 1-2 hours for the flavors to meld together, but it’s also fine to eat as is!
- Make sure to cut in small pieces – You need small pieces to be able to scoop this up with chips! Try to dice your fruits/veggies in small tiny squares.
- Allow the salsa to sit before serving– This salsa is fine to eat as soon as you make it, but it’s even better if you let it sit for about an hour in the fridge + allow the flavors to meld together!
- Wash your hands thoroughly after making it-Especially after cutting the jalapeño! It seems like a silly thing to note, but you have to be careful when cooking with them!