Need an easy weeknight dinner that’s ready in under an hour? Try this delicious Whole 30 Turkey Bolognese Stuffed Zucchini! Hearty & yummy! This post is sponsored by Jar Goods.
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
Raise your hand if you ate waaaay too much pie last week and are totally ready to get back to your normal healthy eating routine. I know I can’t be alone here guys! It happens basically every year at Thanksgiving. While I have no regrets about eating all the things I love and only get to have once a year, it definitely is a nice reminder why I eat the way I normally do.
There are a lot of reasons why I minimize the amount of gluten, sugar and dairy in my diet daily – but the main reason is because of the way it makes me feel. After eating cornbread, pie, cookies.. etc, I felt sooo sluggish and icky. I took naps every day last weekend! (Something I never do!) Even though I know I should eat things that make me feel my best, during the holidays it is so incredibly difficult to say no to all the treats and indulgent food! (Especially when you’re crunched for time trying to check everything off your to-do list)
That’s where easy dinners and meal prepping come in. During the holidays (and really any time of year) I don’t feel guilty about having a cookie here or there when I know I ate a really nutritious lunch, or I’m going to make a simple, healthy dinner like these Whole 30 Turkey Bolognese Stuffed Zucchini when I get home!
You know I’m all about easy dinners. No one has time to fuss around in the kitchen when they have 7 million gifts to buy, a house to clean, cookies to bake.. etc. Dinner has to be yummy and easy! Pantry staples like this Jar Goods Classic Spicy Sauce are a must have for quickly getting something on the table without sacrificing on the flavor or quality of ingredients.
Their sauce has the same ingredients that I put in my own. Tomatoes, olive oil, onion, spices. Nothing weird. No high fructose corn syrup, no funky preservatives (yes – look at the back of your jarred sauce – you will be surprised by what you might find in it!)
As someone who is Italian, I never thought I would eat jarred sauce. But as my life gets busier – sometimes I can’t make the time to do everything myself – and knowing I can trust a brand to make my life easier (and tastier) is so awesome! Once you try it – you’ll totally get what I mean!
With the weather getting chilly, this is the perfect dinner to cozy up with. You won’t miss the gluten, sugar, or dairy in it (Although if you’re not doing Whole 30, I definitely recommend topping with a little bit of parm, because parm makes everything better!) If you want to try Jar Goods you can visit their coupon page to save $2 off your purchase or use code ITSFRESH on Amazon for 10% off! Otherwise.. check out their where to buy page to see if it is sold near you!
Whole 30 Turkey Bolognese Stuffed Zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350. In a pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Heat oil and add in carrots and onions. Sauté until soft
- Add in turkey to the pan with vegetables and sauté until cooked thoroughly (Approximately 10-12 minutes)
- While turkey is sautéing, slice zucchini and scoop out the seeds/filling from the center (These are great to save. You can freeze them and add them to smoothies!)
- Once turkey mixture is cooked, stir in ¾ cup of sauce to the mixture until combined. Scoop the turkey mixture into the zucchini boats until they are full.
- Add a little bit of sauce on top of the zucchini and place in a glass baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes & enjoy! (Note: Time will vary based on size of zucchini. Check after 10 minutes to see if skin can be pierced with a fork)