Looking for a cozy, anti-inflammatory drink? Try this Whole30 Turmeric Ginger Latte recipe! Made with only 6 simple ingredients – it’s easy and delicious!
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
I know, I know. It’s the end of June and here I am talking about hot lattes despite the 100 degree whether outside. On Sunday I shared the recipe for these Healthy Strawberry Mango Popsicles and then here I am sharing a hot latte. Talk about two different ends of the spectrum! The thing is though, I drink this Whole30 Turmeric Ginger Latte almost EVERY day – and to me, it totally isn’t a drink that’s just for the Winter or colder months.
This Whole30 Turmeric Ginger Latte is sooo much more than a cozy (and Instagram-able) drink. It’s actually super good for you! Here’s why:
Benefits of Turmeric and Ginger
- Both turmeric and ginger have both been found to have anti-inflammatory properties. While inflammation can be a good thing because it helps us fight off germs and infections.. at the same time, chronic low grade inflammation can lead to brain fog, pain, and has even been linked to possible diseases. Whenever you can eat or drink anti-inflammatory foods, it’s a good thing!
- There has been tons of research showing links that curcumin, a compound of turmeric, can help to lower your risk of heart disease, prevent cancer and Alzheimer’s disease, and lower the symptoms of arthritis.
- Ginger can help with muscle pain and soreness, and is great for indigestion and even menstrual pain!
- For more about turmeric you can read this article, and this article is great for all the benefits of ginger.
In addition to ALL those health benefits, honestly.. this turmeric ginger latte just TASTES good, and is a yummy drink for when you kinda want coffee, but it’s too late to have coffee, but you just kinda want a lil’ something. (AKA me right now at 4:34PM). I love it because it’s simple to make, but it has tons of flavor, and just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.
Even when it’s hot out, I still find myself craving these in the afternoon. I’m pretty sure it’s solely a placebo affect, but I feely like this latte does boost my energy…. I usually have one around 3PM when that afternoon slump kicks in and it perks me right up! I love it cause it only takes a few minutes to make, and it makes me feel like I’m drinking something fancy (Cause let’s be real – working from home is anything but glamorous!) I hope you give this turmeric ginger latte recipe a try and love it as much as I do!
Things we used for this recipe:
On days when I’m feeling lazy or don’t have turmeric/fresh ginger, I sometimes will use a Daily Harvest Latte instead. They’re made with awesome ingredients, and are frozen, so you can always have them on hand! If you want to give them a try you can use code CLEANEATING on their site to get 3 free cups in your first order for free! While I like my Whole30 Turmeric Ginger Latte the best, their lattes are also a great option and super tasty! Have you ever made your own lattes at home? If so, let me know what you put in them in the comments!
Whole30 Ginger Turmeric Latte
- In a pan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn off heat and transfer mixture to a heat safe blender. Blend on high until everything is combined.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
You can get the nutrition facts for this recipe here.