Learn how to make Homemade Spaghetti Sauce with Fresh Tomatoes. An easy Fresh tomato spaghetti sauce recipe everyone will love!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
Idk about you, but I am so inspired by all the fresh garden cherry tomatoes that are in season!
It is so easy to make cherry tomato sauce that is healthy, fresh and so much better than any spaghetti sauce you could get at the store!
If garden cherry tomatoes are one of your favorite fresh summer veggies, this cherry tomato sauce is a must try!
why we love Homemade Spaghetti Sauce with Fresh Tomatoes
There is a lot to love about this cherry tomato pasta sauce. It’s one of our favorite tomato sauces for a healthy dinner because it’s:
- Easy to make – Saute everything and allow the garden tomatoes to break down some. That’s it! Couldn’t be easier!
- Simple Ingredients – None of these ingredients are very fancy, but they come together to make the most delicious cherry tomato sauce!
- Versatile Serving Options – You could serve this cherry tomato sauce however you love to serve your regular spaghetti sauce, so over your favorite noodles and either keep it vegetarian or add meatballs.
- Great for meal prep – This cherry tomato sauce lasts 4 days in the fridge, so cook once and then divide out for your next four healthy lunches over some noodles with a salad on the side.
Ingredients for Spaghetti Sauce Recipe with Fresh Tomatoes
Here’s what you need to make this cherry tomato sauce:
- olive oil
- minced garlic, onion
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves, fresh parsley
- dried oregano, salt + pepper
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
How to Make Spaghetti Sauce with Fresh Tomatoes
- Saute minced garlic and onion in olive oil over low heat until fragrant and slightly softened.
- Once onion and garlic have softened, add cherry tomatoes to the pot along with basil, parsley, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Stir to combine and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR CHERRY TOMATO SAUCE
Cherry Tomatoes: You can use roma, heirloom, plum tomatoes, or any type of fresh tomato in this recipe. Just make sure to chop it into small pieces.
To Make it Lower Carb: Serve over a low carb pasta or zoodles.
To Make it Lower Calorie: Spray your pan with olive oil instead of pouring it into the pan.
Preserving Spaghetti Sauce with Fresh Tomatoes
We recommend freezing this cherry tomato sauce if you are wanting to preserve it for a later time. It will last for up to 3 months.
If you are wanting to preserve the sauce through canning, we aren’t experts in that area, so follow your own research on canning fresh cherry tomato sauce.
Ways to Use This Fresh Tomato Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
You can serve this tomato spaghetti sauce any way you would normally enjoy other tomato sauce. Some of our favorite ways to serve it are:
- over chickpea pasta
- over zoodles
- over homemade spaghetti noodles!
- add meatballs
- with freshly grated parmesan
- with fresh herbs on top
FAQ for Recipe for Spaghetti Sauce with Fresh Tomatoes
You don’t need to remove the skins for this recipe. You could try it if you prefer, but I’m not sure exactly how it would turn out.
No, you don’t remove the seeds.
Other healthy dinner recipes:
Looking for other easy meals? Check out these 40+ Healthy Dinner Recipes. Click here to grab our free healthy 30 minute dinners cookbook.
Fresh Tomato Spaghetti Sauce
- In a large pot, heat olive oil.
- Stir to combine and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.