Made with only 6 simple ingredients, these Paleo Maple Whipped Sweet Potatoes are perfect for serving on holidays, as a simple side dish, or meal prepping.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
It’s no secret that I love potatoes, and you guys clearly do too. We make these Crispy Sheet Pan Roasted Potatoes at least once a week for a side dish with dinner, and these Spiralized Rosemary Potatoes have become one of the most popular recipes on my blog after just recently sharing them!
I mean… what’s not to love about potatoes though. They’re starchy/carby, take on any flavor you want them too, are so easy to prepare… and are just YUMMY!
These Paleo Maple Whipped Sweet Potatoes, however, take potatoes to a whole new level! They’re super light and fluffy, have sweetness from the potatoes and just a tiny bit of maple syrup, and they’re SO easy to make… Like 15 minutes easy!
Recently, when I went out for dinner – I had a sweet potato puree that was SO decadent, I couldn’t get it out of my head. It was fluffy, perfectly sweet, buttery smooth, and just delicious. It almost felt like I was eating a dessert!
It’s also something that I totally would’ve never guessed to order.
I’m not a huge sweet potato fan (I know, I know… I just prefer regular old white potatoes!), and when I go out to eat I’d rather have something I know I love than try something new (I’m totally not adventurous in that way!)
Once I tried this though… I was hooked, and knew I wanted to make it for myself at home! I’m not sure what they used in the restaurant, but my recipe only has 6 ingredients – takes 15 minutes to make, and tastes just as delicious, so I’m calling that a win! Here’s the recipe for you:
These potatoes would be amazing at your Easter dinner this weekend. I bet your family wouldn’t even know they’re healthy. Otherwise – they’re a great weeknight side dish.
Healthy dinners to pair these potatoes with:
- Whole 30 Rosemary Pecan Crusted Chicken Cutlets
- One Hour Whole Roasted Chicken
- Healthy Chicken Tenders
Paleo Maple Whipped Sweet Potatoes
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork. Place potatoes in a glass baking dish with ¼ cup water.
- Microwave on high for 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway until they are soft. *Depending on your microwave's power, you may need to go for a little less or a little more time, check after 10 minutes to see if potatoes are soft
- While potatoes are cooking, whisk together maple syrup, almond milk, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- When potatoes are done cooking, scoop filling out of sweet potato skins and place in a mixing bowl.
- Mix just the potatoes on high until smooth. Slowly pour in almond milk/spice mixture and mix in until combined
- Serve + enjoy!