One Hour Grilled Dinner & Dessert is a delicious, healthy meal. Perfect for summer – this simple grilling recipe has protein, veggies, potatoes + fruit! We use foil packets to save time on clean up. Paleo, Whole30 friendly, gluten free and so easy to make! This post is sponsored by our friends at Kingsford Charcoal.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about affiliate links.
There’s nothing we love more in the summer time than a delicious grilled dinner! We fire our grill up almost every day when the weather starts to get warm.
It’s easy, grilling makes the food taste amazing, and plus… we don’t have to turn the oven on.. which is always a plus because who the heck wants to make their whole house hot?!
Today we’re bringing you a recipe that’s a little different than what we normally do. I put together a full grilled dinner + dessert recipe for you.
The main dish (Coffee BBQ Pork Chops), veggies (Zucchini & Tomato Foil Packets), potatoes (Simple Grilled Sweet Potatoes), and even dessert (Grilled Pineapple with fresh whipped cream) all get cooked together on the grill, for a simple grilled dinner that is prepped + cooked in under an hour.
If you’re looking for other grilling recipes – check out these 25 Healthy Grilling Recipes!
We made this healthy meal on our pellet grill with Kingsford Hardwood Pellets, which have been our favorite pellet to use in the grill thus far! They have such a unique flavor that really transfers over to the food.
To make this easy grilled dinner you’ll only need a few ingredients. Here’s how to make it:
Ingredients for a healthy grilled dinner:
To make this dinner you’ll need:
- pork chops
- ground coffee
- garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika
- zucchini, tomatoes
- olive oil
- sweet potatoes
- Heavy cream/maple syrup is optional and only needed if you’re making the fresh whipped cream.
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
How to make Coffee BBQ pork chops:
To make these Coffee BBQ pork chops, gather your spices. Mix them together and coat both sides of the pork completely.
We don’t use olive oil on the pork chops, this is a dry rub.
How to make grilled veggies:
Grilled veggies are our favorite! For this recipe, we went with the foil packet method. Toss your veggies in olive oil + spices until evenly coated. Pour into foil packet, wrap, and grill according to recipe instructions.
The best way to grill pork chops:
Our favorite way to grill chicken is on our pellet grill with Kingsford Maple Hardwood Pellets.
They’re made with all-natural, 100% flavor hardwoods and absolutely no fillers, preservatives, or binders – giving you the best in wood-fired flavor with every use.
We cook everything on our grill with them.. from Vegetable Kebabs to Asian Salmon! The maple adds a hint of sweetness that is SO delicious, and there really is nothing better than that classic smoky flavor you get with Kingsford’s Hardwood Pellets!
You can grab the pellets online with free delivery at Home Depot or Lowe’s!
Now, more than ever – we’re spending more time at home – so it’s so nice to sit back and relax while eating dinner outside.
How to grill pork chops:
We recommend grilling pork on medium to low heat around 350 degrees. Depending on the thickness of your pork chops you’ll need about 7-9 minutes on each side. The pork chops we used were thick (about 1 1/2 inches), so they took about 22 minutes to cook thoroughly.
If your pork chops are thinner (1 inch or less) you can grill for 5-7 minutes on each side.
How do you know if your pork chops are done? We recommend checking the internal temperature of pork to make sure it’s cooked thoroughly, it should be between 145-150 degrees.
Can you cook these pork chops on the stove? Yes! You can pan sear the pork for 7-8 minutes on each side. Make sure to get the pan nice and hot, and use a thermometer to check when they are done.
Can you bake pork chops? You can, but we don’t recommend it. We think that pork chops are the best on the grill. This recipe’s instructions can help you with oven baked pork chops.
Substitutions for this recipe:
Veggies: Mushrooms, yellow squash and onions will all work in the foil packet veggies. Check out this post on Grilled Vegetables in Foil for other ideas
Potatoes: You can substitute russet or gold potatoes in place of sweet potatoes.
Grilled Pineapple: Grilled watermelon or peaches would also make a nice summer dessert.
Whipped Cream: Whipped cream is an optional, but delicious addition to the pineapple. We like to make homemade whipped cream, but you can also do pre-made/store bought.
Storing/Serving this grilled dinner:
We recommend storing this in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
You can reheat any of the elements of the dinner in a microwave, toaster oven, or by putting it back on the grill over low heat.
Other healthy grilling recipes:
Looking for other grilling recipes? Check out these 40+ Healthy Grilling Recipes. Click here to grab our free healthy grilling cookbook.
One Hour Grilled Dinner & Dessert
Coffee BBQ Pork Chops
Foil Packet Zucchini + Tomatoes
Foil Wrapped Baked Potatoes
Grilled Pineapple with Fresh Whipped Cream
- 1 large pineapple cut in 1/2 inch stalks
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
Whipped Cream (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- Preheat grill to high heat. (We set our Traeger to 375)
- Cut zucchini in half moon shapes. Cut pineapple In 1/2 inch thick stalks.
- For the pork chops: In a bowl, mix together dry rub for pork chops. Apply the dry rub on both sides of the pork chops liberally.
- For the vegetables: In a large bowl toss together cut zucchini, cherry tomatoes, olive oil and spices until evenly coated. Place in a foil packet.
- For the potatoes: Pierce potatoes with a fork 3-4 times. In a large bowl (you can use the same one as the zucchini!) toss potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder until evenly coated. Wrap each potato individually in foil.
- For the pineapple: Cut into ½ inch thick ‘stalks;. Brush pineapple with olive oil on both sides.
- Once grill has reached desired heat, add everything except pineapple to the grill.
- Allow everything to cook for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, add pineapple to the grill. Flip pork chops, close grill and cook for additional 10-15 minutes.
- Check the pork chops after 10 minutes. Each grill will vary, and the thickness of the pork chops will also affect the cooking time.
- We recommend using a thermometer to test the internal temperature of the pork, which should be at 140-145.
- Remove pork, vegetables, potatoes and pineapple from the grill once pork has reached internal temperature.
- The pork will continue to cook after you pull it off the grill. If you cook beyond 150 – your pork chops will be dry. Allow the pork to rest for 10 minutes before eating
- For the whipped cream: In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold in maple syrup with a spatula once the whipped cream has come together. Keep in refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Serve all together, or as a dinner and dessert separately.