This Easy Avocado Green Smoothie is a protein packed, delicious drink that is great for breakfast or a snack! Easy to make and naturally gluten free! This post is sponsored by FAGE; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
This post may include affiliate links. Click here to read my policy.
If you’re looking for a nutrient dense, delicious breakfast or snack – look no further. This Easy Avocado Green Smoothie is for you!
I’ll be honest, I never used to love smoothies- but that’s because I wasn’t making them the right way! Over the past few years I’ve figured out how to make the perfect smoothie that’s both filling and tastes delicious!
How to make a healthy smoothie:
- Protein– Any good smoothie will have a great amount of protein in it! I like to use both protein powder, and FAGE Total 0% Greek yogurt. A 1 cup serving of FAGE Total 0% provides 23g of protein, and when you add in a protein powder on top of that – the smoothie is bound to keep you feeling full and satisfied!
- Healthy Fats– Healthy fats are also essential to a good smoothie. I like to use frozen or fresh avocado, or throw in a handful of nuts/seeds like cashews, pecans or pumpkin seeds.
- Vegetables– I love loading up my smoothies with ALL the veggies. Typically I’ll add a leafy green like spinach or kale, and then a frozen veg that doesn’t have a ton of flavor (like cauliflower, or zucchini!) The frozen veggies also help to thicken up the smoothie.
- Minimal Sugar-A lot of people make their smoothies with WAY too much fruit. Don’t get me wrong, fruit is great for you! But odds are you wouldn’t sit and eat 6 cups of fruit in a sitting. When you blend up fruit, you’re apt to eat much more, which can cause you to sugar overload and crash!
This easy avocado green smoothie hits on all of the above points, and it also tastes amazing! Let’s get into how to make it!
How to make an Avocado Green Smoothie:
You’ll only need a few ingredients to make this smoothie! Most of these ingredients are things that you probably already have in your fridge/pantry like yogurt, spinach, and almond milk.
Once you have everything laid out, simply blend up and enjoy!
Obviously, FAGE yogurt is the star of the show here. Their yogurt is the perfect match for adding into smoothies for a few reasons!
Why we add FAGE yogurt to our smoothies:
- Protein packed– Seriously, SO much protein! We love snacking on yogurt just plain (or in one of these 5 Healthy Yogurt Parfaits), but adding it into a smoothie is an easy way to up the protein content.
- No added sugar– Other yogurts often have loads of sugar added to them, we love that this is plain so we can keep our smoothies low in sugar!
- Live active yogurt cultures – These are great for your gut!
- Good source of calcium – Because I don’t drink a ton of milk – my diet is lacking in calcium. Rather than taking a supplement, this is an easy way to get it in.
Substitutions for Easy Avocado Green Smoothie Recipe:
- You can substitute spinach for kale. Kale has a much richer, slightly bitter taste, so you may want to add another date!
- You can use any protein powder you like. This is my favorite because it has no added sugars or flavors!
- You can use any milk you like. We prefer using homemade almond milk, but regular milk will work too!
Other healthy breakfast/snack recipes to try:
- Whole30 Potato Crust Quiche
- Healthy Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites
- Healthy Banana Protein Muffins
- Check out the FAGE website
Easy Avocado Green Smoothie
- In a blender, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth.