An Honest Splendid Spoon Review that talks about cost, taste, and if Splendid Spoon is healthy. Is Splendid Spoon Worth it? We’ll tell you!
This post is not sponsored by Splendid Spoon but I am an affiliate of theirs and make a small commission if you choose to purchase it through my code/links. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy about affiliate links.
Splendid Spoon delivers ready to eat plant-based meals, smoothies, juices and more right to your door.
After trying the meal delivery service, we’re sharing our honest Splendid Spoon review.
What is Splendid Spoon?
Splendid Spoon is a plant-based meal delivery service. They deliver ready to eat breakfast, lunch, dinner + drinks right to your door. Here are some of the things Splendid Spoon Offers:
- Soup & Grain Bowls
- Noodle Bowls
- Green Juices & Wellness Shots
All of the Splendid Spoon meals are:
- Plant Based
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Soy Free
95% of the ingredients in Splendid Spoon Smoothies & wellness shots are organic and they prioritize shopping the ‘Dirty Dozen’/’Clean 15’ for their grain/noodle bowls.
I found that most of the ingredients on everything I tried were organic.
Is Splendid Spoon a diet? Splendid Spoon isn’t a diet -it’s a meal delivery service. You can follow their ‘plans’ and eat only Splendid Spoon food or you can mix in other meals.
How much does Splendid Spoon Cost?
Splendid Spoon Subscription Options:
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner + Reset: $195/week (20 items)
- Breakfast + Lunch + Reset: $140/week (15 items)
- Breakfast + Lunch: $100/week (10 items)
- Breakfast: $70/week (5 smoothies)
- Lunch: $70/week (5 grain/soup bowls)
Splendid Spoon On Demand Options:
- Mix & Match: $110 (10 meals)
- Healthy Habits Bundle: $120 (10 meals + 5 extras)
- 10 Pac Smoothies: $100 (10 smoothies)
- 10 Pack Soups: $100 (10 soups/grain bowls)
There are many more options for ‘on demand’ boxes on their website. For most items, there is no cost difference between ordering weekly or ordering on demand.
Splendid Spoon Coupon Code
You can get $35 off your first order of Splendid Spoon with this link or code CLEANEATING.
How does Splendid Spoon Work?
Splendid Spoon works in a few different ways. If you’re going the subscription route here is how it works:
- Pick your plan. There are many different options.
- Pick your meals.
- Schedule your delivery.
- Wait for your order to arrive!
If you’re ordering on demand, simply pick your box/choices and wait for it to arrive, no subscription necessary.
Is it easy to cancel Splendid Spoon? You can cancel splendid spoon at any time via their website. It’s very easy to cancel splendid spoon.
Why We Like Splendid Spoon
There’s a lot to like about Splendid Spoon. Here are some of our favorite things about it:
Tastes Amazing– Splendid Spoon’s soups, smoothies and juices were all really tasty. I absolutely loved the soups. We like to make our own healthy soup recipes but these honestly tasted like they were homemade.
Mostly Organic– I like that the products from Splendid Spoon use mostly organic items. Many other meal delivery services don’t use organic ingredients.
No prep– The meals from Splendid Spoon require no prep. They’re ready to eat one they are defrosted. I found this very convenient!
Generous portions– Most of the products (soups, smoothies, etc) are 2 servings per container. I ate the whole soup container, but split the smoothies. I found them to be very filling!
Splendid Spoon Cons:
Even though we enjoyed Splendid Spoon, there were some negatives to the service.
- Price– Splendid Spoon is pricey when compared to other competitors like Daily Harvest or SmoothieBox. Splendid Spoon comes out to over $10/smoothie, while Daily Harvest & SmoothieBox are under $8 per smoothie.
- Not enough protein– I personally need protein to keep me full and found myself adding protein powder to the smoothies or cooked shredded chicken to the soups to bulk them up.
Who is Splendid Spoon for?
Splendid Spoon is good for people who:
- Want to eat more plant based
- Need quick, healthy, convenient options
- Don’t mind paying a little extra for healthy food.
Splendid spoon is probably not for people who like to cook dinner or those those who have severe food allergies.
Is Splendid Spoon frozen?
Splendid Spoon does arrive frozen. The soups were completely frozen so I kept them in my freezer. My smoothies were partially frozen and I put them directly in my refrigerator to thaw.
Splendid Spoon Smoothies
I tried 2 of the Splendid Spoon smoothies and enjoyed both of them. A couple things to note about the Splendid Spoon Smoothies:
- The smoothies aren’t very sweet– I actually loved this about the smoothies! Most smoothie companies/smoothies you buy are LOADED with sugar. Even if sugar is coming from fruit, 30-50g of it is a lot to be consuming in a drink. I liked that these weren’t super high in sugar
- The plant based smoothies are not super high in protein – I wish that the smoothies were higher in protein. I wound up blending them with extra vanilla protein powder. Some of the smoothies do have pea protein, but I wish they were a bit higher in protein.
- The smoothies are thicker consistency- This is not a bad thing – I liked the consistency
Overall, the smoothies were my least favorite thing from Splendid Spoon. I personally prefer to blend my own smoothies, but I know that a lot of people like ready to drink smoothies!
How do Splendid Spoon smoothies taste? The Splendid Spoon smoothies taste good! They’re not as sweet as other smoothies I have tried, which I didn’t mind. They’re very creamy and almost have the consistency of a milkshake.
Splendid Spoon Soup Review:
My favorite Splendid Spoon soup was the Garden Minestrone (Minestrone Soup is always my favorite!) but I really enjoyed all of them. I tried the Lentil & Kale, Beans & Greens and Butternut Squash Ratatouille which all fall under their light soups category. They were extremely flavorful and filling!
I didn’t try any of the other splendid spoon meals (grain bowls /noodle dishes) but I’m excited to try those next. I’ve heard that their grain bowls are really tasty and I can’t wait to try the Brown Rice Taco Bowl.
Splendid Spoon Review
If you’re wondering – is Splendid Spoon worth it? I would say yes, it is worth it for splendid spoon meals (soups/stews/bowls). It’s super convenient, made with good quality ingredients, and it tastes great.
I don’t think that the smoothies are worth it at all. You can easily make smoothies at home for much cheaper (Healthy Green Smoothie, Blueberry Smoothie Recipe and Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe are some of my favorites!)
Is Splendid Spoon filling? I found Splendid Spoons soups and smoothies to be pretty filling. If they had a little bit more protein I think they would have been even more filling.
You can get $35 off your first order of Splendid Spoon with this link.
Is splendid spoon healthy?
Splendid Spoon is healthy in my opinion. They use veggie forward recipes, and mostly organic ingredients. The ingredients on the back of the packaging are all things I would add to my smoothies, soups or bowls if I was cooking at home. They really do taste homemade!
How many calories are in Splendid Spoon? The calories in Splendid Spoon vary depending on what you’re eating. Most of the soups I tried were under 300 calories for a huge bowl!
Is splendid spoon keto friendly? Splendid Spoon is not keto friendly. They do have the ability to sort by meals under 20g of carbs, but none of their products are keto friendly.
Is splendid Spoon high in sodium? Splendid Spoon is not very high in sodium. They do have the ability on their website to filter by lower sodium if this is a concern for you.
Is Splendid Spoon high in carbs? Yes, Splendid Spoon products are often higher in carbs. Some of their bowls have over 50g of carbs. However, you can sort on their site by Under 20g of carbs per serving if this is something you’re worried about.
You can get $35 off your first order of Splendid Spoon with this link.
Splendid Spoon vs Smoothie Box vs Daily Harvest
|Splendid Spoon||Smoothie Box||Daily Harvest|
|Ingredients||Only some organic ingredients||All Organic||Only some organic ingredients|
|Variety||18 flavors||5 flavors||30+ Flavors|
|Nutritional Value||Low in sugar/higher in calories||Lower in sugar/fat/calories||Higher in sugar/fat/calories|
|Taste||SmoothieBox/DH are better||Equally Delicious||Equally Delicious|
- Price: Smoothie Box wins. Daily Harvest cups range from $7.65 at the cheapest to $7.87 at the highest. Smoothie Box is only $6.45/smoothie.
- Organic: SmoothieBox uses all organic fruits and veggies while Daily Harvest and Splendid Spoon only use some organic!
- Variety: Daily Harvest wins. Daily Harvest has the best variety of smoothie
- Nutritional Value: Smoothie Box wins here for me. I love that they have the collagen packets for the smoothies. I normally add my own to Daily Harvest because their smoothies (while delicious!) are lacking in protein. Daily Harvest’s smoothies are higher in calories, sugar and fat compared to SmoothieBox
- Taste: Tie! Everything I’ve tried from both companies is delicious. Daily Harvest’s smoothies are much sweeter and have a higher amount of sugar and fat.
You can read these posts to help you decide which is right for you! We find that most meal delivery services are really worth it!
Splendid Spoon is not very high in sodium. They do have the ability on their website to filter by lower sodium if this is a concern for you.
Splendid Spoon might help you lose weight. In order to lose weight one must be in a calorie deficit. Depending on other lifestyle factors, this could help you lose weight.
If frozen, Splendid Spoon soups should last for up to 3 months. The smoothies/juices have an expiration date on them.
Splendid Spoon costs anywhere from $70-$110 per month depending on the plan you use. You can also order boxes on demand from Splendid Spoon and avoid the subscription model.