The Best Healthy Instant Pot Recipes! These Instant Pot Recipes are healthy, easy to make and delicious. Chicken, dinner, soups & more!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
We’ve all been there… struggling to get dinner on the table on a busy night and tempted to eat something unhealthy or get takeout. Using your instant pot can definitely help save you time (and energy) when it comes to meals!
I’ve compiled some of the best HEALTHY instant pot recipes that I know you and your family will love!
If you are following a Whole30 diet, check out these 40+ Whole30 Instant Pot Recipes!
Why you’ll love Easy Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
- one pot = fewer dishes – I mean… need we say more? the fewer dishes the better!
- time saver – Instant Pot recipes are usually quick, so they’re perfect for busy nights or days when you forgot to prep something and need dinner in a pinch!
- great for meal prep – When I meal prep, I wind up using every appliance in the kitchen. I have the crockpot, oven, and stovetop going. If I can use my instant pot too – I’m all over it!
Top 10 Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
Greek Lemon Chicken Soup Recipe is a delicious dinner. Easy to make in the instant pot, crock pot or on the stove. Lemony and healthy!
Chicken Pot Pie Soup is total comfort food! Paleo, whole30 and SO delicious! You’ll love how creamy and tasty this chicken pot pie soup is while being completely dairy free!
BBQ Chicken Meatloaf is a delicious, healthy, one pan dinner. Paleo + Whole30 – you can make this healthy meatloaf in the instant pot, slow cooker or oven!
Pasta Fagioli Soup recipe that is better than Olive Garden! Healthy, vegetarian & easy to make in the instant pot.
Orange Chicken made in the pressure cooker, this healthy dinner is easy and delicious! Better than Panda Express!
Chicken Taco Soup Recipe is so delicious! Make it in your instant pot, crock pot or on the stove for a quick, healthy dinner!
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice is the perfect quick, one pot dinner. Pressure cooker fried rice that’s done in under 30 minutes.
Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe everyone will love! This quick beef soup is delicious, healthy, hearty and so tender from the pressure cooker.
Cheeseburger Soup Recipe you’ll love! Keto, paleo and Whole30 friendly. Naturally gluten free and no velveeta needed for this delicious soup!
Ham & Potato Soup everyone will love! Creamy & delicious! Easily made gluten/ dairy free and paleo or Whole30!
Our Favorite Instant Pot Healthy Recipes
Easy Instant Pot Bone Broth recipe is made from just two ingredients in the pressure cooker! This easy bone broth is paleo, whole30 & SO nutritious!
Ground Beef and Sweet Potato Chili is a tasty, easy dinner. Paleo, Whole30 and gluten free this is truly the best beef chili recipe!
Beef Barley Soup Recipe everyone will love. Made in one pot, this cozy beef and barley soup is delicious, healthy, and hearty!
Best Ground Turkey Chili Recipe. Learn how to make turkey chili that’s healthy & delicious in your crockpot, instant pot, or on the stove!
Vegetarian Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
These vegetarian meals are delicious, plant based, and made with nutritious ingredients – perfect for supper!
Homemade Vegetable Soup is delicious, easy to make, vegan & vegetarian! A hearty dinner you’ll love!
Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup is so easy to make in your instant pot, crockpot or on the stove. Healthy, vegan & dairy free.
Instant Pot Applesauce is the best way to make homemade applesauce! 15 minutes, apples & spices are all you need to make yummy pressure cooker applesauce!
Bean and Lentil White Chili is made with coconut milk and salsa verde. It’s packed with flavor and so easy to make!
Mexican Black Beans made from scratch using Instant Pot. Hearty, flavorful, high in protein, and fiber-rich dish. Serve it with some rice for a complete meal or as an accompaniment to your favorite Mexican dish. This recipe is no-soak, vegan, and gluten-free.
Easy Butternut Squash Lentil Chili has no oil. All you have to do is dump everything in the Instant Pot and hit PRESSURE COOK.
Instant Pot Recipes Healthy Chicken
We love cooking with chicken for dinner! I have a whole post about Healthy Chicken Breast Recipes because we cook with it so often. Here are some of our favorite Instant Pot Chicken Recipes:
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken uses only 4 ingredients and is so simple to make! Paleo, keto whole30, and perfect for adding to soups, salads or with veggies.
Red Chicken Chili Recipe is so easy to make with simple ingredients. Healthy and delicious!
Instant Pot Chicken Pad Thai recipe is a healthier version of a classic takeout dish. Packed with veggies, chicken and brown rice noodles.
Chicken Stew Recipe everyone will love! Done in under 30 minutes, this pressure cooker chicken stew is hearty & delicious.
Chicken Enchilada Soup is the best cozy dinner! Made with healthy ingredients in the instant pot, crockpot, or on the stove!
Instant Pot Lemon and Herb Chicken Thighs Juicy, flavorful chicken thighs are cooked in the instant pot with lemon and herb to create a healthy, quick weeknight dinner!
Easy Healthy Instant Pot Recipes for Soup
We absolutely love cozy, delicious soup! These Soup Recipes are perfect for a chilly night (or really any time!):
Sweet Potato Soup can be made in your instant pot, crock pot or on the stove. Vegan, healthy, paleo, Whole30 & done in 30 minutes.
Potato and Leek Soup is simple to make with only a few ingredients, creamy and delicious! Make it with dairy free milk to make it vegan!
Minestrone Soup is the perfect cozy, healthy dinner! Vegetarian, gluten free, and vegan – it’s delicious and done in under 30 minutes!
Italian Wedding Soup Recipe! This recipe for Italian Wedding Soup is easy to make and loaded with flavor. A delicious, cozy dinner!
Chicken Wild Rice Soup Recipe is simply the best! Loaded with chicken and veggies and done in under an hour! Easy and delicious!
Instant Pot Black Bean Soup tastes like it’s simmered for hours, but the layers of rich flavor develop quickly and easily in your pressure cooker! Perfect for weeknight dinners on busy evenings or for cozy, effortless weekend meals.
Best Healthy Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
These ground beef recipes are so perfect for a healthy instant pot dinner:
Hamburger Stew Recipe! This ground beef stew can be made in the instant pot, crockpot, or on the stove for dinner.
Taco Soup has all the flavors of your traditional tacos while being so easy to make! Perfect for a quick healthy dinner!
Hamburger Vegetable Soup Recipe that is so delicious! This Vegetable Soup with ground beef is hearty, healthy and yummy!
Healthy Vegan Instant Pot Recipes
If you follow a vegan diet, no worries! We have a few healthy vegan dinners that you’ll love too!
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup is so easy to make! Let the pressure cooker do all the work for this creamy butternut squash soup!
Best Instant Pot Potato Soup that is full of loaded baked potato flavor! Easy to make in the pressure cooker in under 30 minutes. Easily made dairy free, vegan, paleo and Whole30 friendly!
Homemade Tomato Basil Soup that is SO creamy and simple to make in the instant pot, crockpot or on the stove top. Healthy, vegan & dairy free.
Easy Lentil Soup Recipe that you can make on the stove, in the slow cooker or in the instant pot! Vegan, gluten free and delicious!
Magic Cauliflower Cream Sauce made in the Instant Pot! Prep this vegan cauliflower sauce ahead of time and use it for mac and cheese, fettuccine alfredo, soups, and other sauces all week long!
Cashew Carrot Ginger Soup is an easy-to-make instant pot soup recipe. Made with cashews, carrots, ginger, coconut milk and Thai red curry paste for a bit of spice. Plus it’s both vegan and gluten-free!
Chickpea pulao or chana pulao is a one-pot rice and chickpea casserole. When made in an Instant Pot, this gluten-free and vegan dish is ready in 20 minutes (with 10 minutes of hands-on time).
Healthy Instant Pot Recipes Low Carb
If you’re eating keto, these Instant Pot low carb recipes are perfect for you! For more low carb recipes check out these Healthy Keto Recipes:
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan is so easy to make! A low carb chicken parmesan that is done in under an hour in the pressure cooker!
Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken with dairy-free sun-dried tomato sauce and spinach is a rustic, enticing main dish! Serve it up with rice or your favorite side dishes for a complete meal.
Vegan Keto Chili Recipe, loaded with walnuts and mushrooms, couldn’t be easier. Toss everything in an instant pot or slow cooker and dinner is ready!
Instant Pot Asparagus Soup is delicious, vegan, dairy free, vegetarian, and low carb.
Healthy Instant Pot Pasta Recipes
Who doesn’t love a delicious pasta meal? We love these Instant Pot Pasta recipes:
Lasagna Soup Recipe! This lasagna soup is cheesy, delicious and done in under an hour. A healthy dinner everyone will enjoy!
Instant Pot Vegetarian Rigatoni Bolognese is a one-pot meal that’s healthy, filling and worthy to be in your regular meal rotation.
5 Ingredient Pesto Chicken Pasta turns your leftover chicken into dinner with almost no prep. While it may not be the healthiest dinner on this list, it’s fast enough to keep you out of the drive-thru on a busy weeknight, which I call a win!
Easy Instant Pot Lasagna Recipe is made without a springform pan in 30 minutes! It is possible to add uncooked pasta, meat, and sauce to your pressure cooker and enjoy saucy, cheesy lazy lasagna.
Italian Instant Pot Pasta can be made within just 20 minutes for a healthy, family-friendly dinner! It’s a great way to eat more veggies, tastes really flavorful and is loved by kids and adults alike.
Healthy Instant Pot Hamburger Helper! It has all of the traditional flavors of your favorite ground turkey pasta, but tastes way better and is made with only whole ingredients!
FAQs for Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
They absolutely can be a good cooking method for healthy cooking!
Be careful cooking with dairy in the Instant pot because it can separate weirdly when cooked. Also, recipes like cookies, pie, burgers, or steak are better baked or on the grill.
Cooking in a pressure cooker doesn’t necessarily mean you will have a healthy recipe. It depends on what the recipe’s ingredients are.
So many dishes can be made in the instant pot! We especially love making healthy soups in the Instant Pot!
Other healthy recipes:
Looking for other healthy meals?
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup (Healthy Instant Pot Recipe)
- 4 cups butternut squash cubes 1 2.5 lb butternut squash
- ¾ cup celery chopped
- 1 cup carrots peeled and cut into about ¼ inch rounds
- ½ cup shallots diced (2 shallots)
- 4 cloves garlic mixnced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled & grated
- 5 large sage leaves minced
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- ½ cup Anjou pear cored and diced (1 pear)
- 3 cups vegetable broth low or no salt
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat coconut milk or milk of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar optional
- Prep your ingredients. Peel and remove the seeds from the butternut squash and dice into about ½-inch cubes. Peel and dice the shallot. Peel and mince the garlic.
- Remove the tops and ends from the celery and chop. Peel and cut the carrots into about ¼-inch rounds. Peel the ginger and grate. Remember the soup will be blended so the size and shape of the cuts are not too important.
- Add the butternut squash, carrots, celery, shallot, garlic, ginger, pear, minced sage, coconut sugar, salt, and spices to the basin of the Instant Pot. Top with broth (the coconut milk will be added after cooked and blended) and stir. Before replacing the lid top with thyme sprigs. Select the manual setting and set it to high pressure. Set the time to 12 minutes, then close the lid and valve. If your Instant Pot has a "Soup/Broth" setting, this will also work.
- Top with broth and stir. Do NOT add the milk. Before replacing the lid top with thyme sprigs. Select the Manual setting and set it to High pressure. Set the time to 12 minutes, then close the lid and valve. If your Instant Pot has a "Soup/Broth" setting, this will also work.
- Once finished cooking, release the pressure based on the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove the thyme sprigs. Gently run fingers down each sprig to release the leaves into the basin and discard the woody pieces.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until the contents are fully pureed. Be careful as the soup will be very hot. You can also do this by using a high powdered hot/cold blender. You may want to allow the soup to cool slightly before transferring it to the blender pitcher.
- Once pureed, add in the coconut milk and stir until it is no longer visible.
- Serve hot, topped with pepitas, chopped chives, and a swirl of coconut cream.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Leave a Review