The Best Healthy Instant Pot Recipes! These Instant Pot Recipes are healthy, easy to make and delicious. Chicken, dinner, soups & more!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
We’ve all been there… struggling to get dinner on the table on a busy night and tempted to eat something unhealthy or get takeout. Using your instant pot can definitely help save you time (and energy) when it comes to meals!
I’ve compiled some of the best HEALTHY instant pot recipes that I know you and your family will love!
If you are following a Whole30 diet, check out these Whole30 Instant Pot Recipes!
Why you’ll love Easy Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
- one pot = fewer dishes – I mean… need we say more? the fewer dishes the better!
- time saver – Instant Pot recipes are usually quick, so they’re perfect for busy nights or days when you forgot to prep something and need dinner in a pinch!
- great for meal prep – When I meal prep, I wind up using every appliance in the kitchen. I have the crockpot, oven, and stovetop going. If I can use my instant pot too – I’m all over it!
Top 10 Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
Chicken Pot Pie Soup is total comfort food! Paleo, whole30 and SO delicious! You’ll love how creamy and tasty this chicken pot pie soup is while being completely dairy free!
Cheeseburger Soup Recipe you’ll love! Keto, paleo and Whole30 friendly. Naturally gluten free and no velveeta needed for this delicious soup!
Ham & Potato Soup everyone will love! Creamy & delicious! Easily made gluten/ dairy free and paleo or Whole30!
Our Favorite Instant Pot Healthy Recipes
Ground Beef and Sweet Potato Chili is a tasty, easy dinner. Paleo, Whole30 and gluten free this is truly the best beef chili recipe!
Beef Barley Soup Recipe everyone will love. Made in one pot, this cozy beef and barley soup is delicious, healthy, and hearty!
Vegetarian Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
These vegetarian meals are delicious, plant based, and made with nutritious ingredients – perfect for supper!
Homemade Vegetable Soup is delicious, easy to make, vegan & vegetarian! A hearty dinner you’ll love!
Mexican Black Beans made from scratch using Instant Pot. Hearty, flavorful, high in protein, and fiber-rich dish. Serve it with some rice for a complete meal or as an accompaniment to your favorite Mexican dish. This recipe is no-soak, vegan, and gluten-free.
Instant Pot Recipes Healthy Chicken
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken uses only 4 ingredients and is so simple to make! Paleo, keto whole30, and perfect for adding to soups, salads or with veggies.
Red Chicken Chili Recipe is so easy to make with simple ingredients. Healthy and delicious!
Easy Healthy Instant Pot Recipes for Soup
We absolutely love cozy, delicious soup! These Soup Recipes are perfect for a chilly night (or really any time!):
Kielbasa Soup Recipe! This Polish Sausage Soup is easy to make and so delicious. A hearty dinner you’ll love!
Potato and Leek Soup is simple to make with only a few ingredients, creamy and delicious! Make it with dairy free milk to make it vegan!
Minestrone Soup is the perfect cozy, healthy dinner! Vegetarian, gluten free, and vegan – it’s delicious and done in under 30 minutes!
Italian Wedding Soup Recipe! This recipe for Italian Wedding Soup is easy to make and loaded with flavor. A delicious, cozy dinner!
Chicken Wild Rice Soup Recipe is simply the best! Loaded with chicken and veggies and done in under an hour! Easy and delicious!
Instant Pot Black Bean Soup tastes like it’s simmered for hours, but the layers of rich flavor develop quickly and easily in your pressure cooker! Perfect for weeknight dinners on busy evenings or for cozy, effortless weekend meals.
Best Healthy Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
Taco Soup has all the flavors of your traditional tacos while being so easy to make! Perfect for a quick healthy dinner!
Healthy Vegan Instant Pot Recipes
If you follow a vegan diet, no worries! We have a few healthy vegan dinners that you’ll love too!
Cashew Carrot Ginger Soup is an easy-to-make instant pot soup recipe. Made with cashews, carrots, ginger, coconut milk and Thai red curry paste for a bit of spice. Plus it’s both vegan and gluten-free!
Healthy Instant Pot Recipes Low Carb
Instant Pot Asparagus Soup is delicious, vegan, dairy free, vegetarian, and low carb.
Healthy Instant Pot Pasta Recipes
Who doesn’t love a delicious pasta meal? We love these Instant Pot Pasta recipes:
Lasagna Soup Recipe! This lasagna soup is cheesy, delicious and done in under an hour. A healthy dinner everyone will enjoy!
Instant Pot Vegetarian Rigatoni Bolognese is a one-pot meal that’s healthy, filling and worthy to be in your regular meal rotation.
5 Ingredient Pesto Chicken Pasta turns your leftover chicken into dinner with almost no prep. While it may not be the healthiest dinner on this list, it’s fast enough to keep you out of the drive-thru on a busy weeknight, which I call a win!
Italian Instant Pot Pasta can be made within just 20 minutes for a healthy, family-friendly dinner! It’s a great way to eat more veggies, tastes really flavorful and is loved by kids and adults alike.
FAQs for Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
They absolutely can be a good cooking method for healthy cooking!
Be careful cooking with dairy in the Instant pot because it can separate weirdly when cooked. Also, recipes like cookies, pie, burgers, or steak are better baked or on the grill.
Cooking in a pressure cooker doesn’t necessarily mean you will have a healthy recipe. It depends on what the recipe’s ingredients are.
So many dishes can be made in the instant pot! We especially love making healthy soups in the Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup (Healthy Instant Pot Recipe)
- 4 cups butternut squash cubes 1 2.5 lb butternut squash
- ¾ cup celery chopped
- 1 cup carrots peeled and cut into about ¼ inch rounds
- ½ cup shallots diced (2 shallots)
- 4 cloves garlic mixnced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled & grated
- 5 large sage leaves minced
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- ½ cup Anjou pear cored and diced (1 pear)
- 3 cups vegetable broth low or no salt
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat coconut milk or milk of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar optional
- Prep your ingredients. Peel and remove the seeds from the butternut squash and dice into about ½-inch cubes. Peel and dice the shallot. Peel and mince the garlic.
- Remove the tops and ends from the celery and chop. Peel and cut the carrots into about ¼-inch rounds. Peel the ginger and grate. Remember the soup will be blended so the size and shape of the cuts are not too important.
- Add the butternut squash, carrots, celery, shallot, garlic, ginger, pear, minced sage, coconut sugar, salt, and spices to the basin of the Instant Pot. Top with broth (the coconut milk will be added after cooked and blended) and stir. Before replacing the lid top with thyme sprigs. Select the manual setting and set it to high pressure. Set the time to 12 minutes, then close the lid and valve. If your Instant Pot has a "Soup/Broth" setting, this will also work.
- Top with broth and stir. Do NOT add the milk. Before replacing the lid top with thyme sprigs. Select the Manual setting and set it to High pressure. Set the time to 12 minutes, then close the lid and valve. If your Instant Pot has a "Soup/Broth" setting, this will also work.
- Once finished cooking, release the pressure based on the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove the thyme sprigs. Gently run fingers down each sprig to release the leaves into the basin and discard the woody pieces.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until the contents are fully pureed. Be careful as the soup will be very hot. You can also do this by using a high powdered hot/cold blender. You may want to allow the soup to cool slightly before transferring it to the blender pitcher.
- Once pureed, add in the coconut milk and stir until it is no longer visible.
- Serve hot, topped with pepitas, chopped chives, and a swirl of coconut cream.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.