An Easy Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe that you’ll love! Learn how to make the Best Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs for a healthy, delicious dinner!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
We absolutely love quick and easy weeknight dinners that are packed with flavor and these chicken thighs are a new favorite!
They have crispy skin while still being tender and juicy inside and the blend of spices leads to a super tasty protein for your dinner.
Why you’ll love Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
Here are just a few reasons to try cooking our baked chicken thighs:
What you’ll need for Baked Chicken Thighs:
To make this recipe you’ll need:
- bone in, skin-on chicken thighs
- olive oil
- dried basil, dried parsley
- garlic powder, onion powder
- pepper, salt
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
We love this meat thermometer for checking the temp to make sure your meat is cooked thoroughly!
How to bake Chicken Thighs in Oven
- Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl. Add olive oil and toss until evenly coated. Add all the spices and toss again until coated evenly.
- Place chicken thighs on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Temp to bake chicken thighs
- Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until it reaches an internal temp of 165°. The skin should be golden brown and crispy.
How long do chicken thighs need to bake?
- Our chicken thighs only take 25-30 minutes to bake in the oven.
How do you know when baked chicken thighs are done?
Baked bone in chicken thighs are done when the internal temperature reaches 165°.
Baked Bone In Chicken Thighs tips & tricks
- Bake Skin Up! For the crispiest skin, place your chicken thighs skin side up when baking.
- Enjoy As Meal Prep! Make a whole sheet pan of these chicken thighs and enjoy them with veggies for a healthy meal prep for the week!
- Try Grilling: Try these Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs.
Oven Baked Chicken Thighs substitutions
Spices: Feel free to use less or more spices in this recipe depending on your preferences. Try our Homemade Taco Seasoning. You could also use a marinade like Lemon Garlic Marinade, Greek Marinade, Honey Chipotle Chicken, or one of these 5 Chicken Marinades.
What to serve with Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs
We love pairing these bone-in chicken thighs with some veggies for an easy dinner. Some of our favorites to serve these with are our
- Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
- Roasted Crispy Potatoes
- Healthy Lemon Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- Healthier Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
Baked Chicken Thighs Bone In FAQs
It’s better to bake thighs at 400° to make sure they are cooked thoroughly and the chicken stays juicy.
No, there’s no need to cover chicken thighs when baking. Leaving them uncovered will also add a crispy layer to the outside of your thighs.
Place your chicken thighs skin side up when baking to get a really crispy outside!
If you want the juiciest chicken, cook it slow and steady.
We like to cook it in the middle. If it’s on the bottom, it may not get as crispy and on the top, it could get too crispy or brown.
Storing Baked Bone In Chicken Thighs
Storing: These chicken thighs will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
Freezing: I haven’t tried freezing these chicken thighs. I think they would be best eaten fresh, but if you freeze them – let me know how they come out!
Reheating: You can reheat this recipe in the microwave, toaster oven, or oven. Chicken thighs are best when reheated in the oven or toaster oven so the skin can get nice and crispy!
Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs (Bone In)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. and prepare a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Optional: You can trim off some of the excess fat from the chicken thighs. Sometimes chicken thighs have a ton of fat hanging off the side. I like to leave the tops coated in the skin/fat but trim around the edges. Most of the fat cooks off chicken thighs!
- In a small bowl mix together spices.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl. Add olive oil and toss until evenly coated. Add the spices and toss again until coated evenly.
- Place chicken thighs on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes or until it reaches an internal temp of 165. The skin should be golden brown and crispy.