An Easy Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe that you’ll love! Learn how to make the Best Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs for a healthy, delicious dinner!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and about affiliate links.
We absolutely love quick and easy weeknight dinners that are packed with flavor and these chicken thighs are a new favorite!
They have crispy skin while still being tender and juicy inside and the blend of spices leads to a super tasty protein for your dinner.
Whether a part of your weekly meal prep, weeknight dinner, or when entertaining guests, this dish will be one you keep coming back to make!
The Best Baked Chicken Thighs
Here are just a few reasons to try cooking our baked chicken thighs:
- Packed with flavor: The paprika, basil, and parsley give these chicken thighs endless flavor.
- Minimal ingredients: This recipe only requires a handful of pantry staples to make!
- Great for meal prep: Chicken thighs reheat super well + are great for enjoying all week long!
Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe Ingredients:
To make this recipe you’ll need:
- bone in, skin-on chicken thighs
- olive oil
- dried basil, dried parsley
- garlic powder, onion powder
- pepper, salt
You can find substitutions for all of these ingredients below in the green shaded box.
How to Make Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs
- Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl. Add olive oil and toss until evenly coated. Add all the spices and toss again until coated evenly.
- Place chicken thighs on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until it reaches an internal temp of 165°. The skin should be golden brown and crispy.
How long do chicken thighs need to bake?
- Our chicken thighs only take 25-30 minutes to bake in the oven.
Baked Chicken Thigh Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Bake Skin Up! For the crispiest skin, place your chicken thighs skin side up when baking.
- Enjoy As Meal Prep! Make a whole sheet pan of these chicken thighs and enjoy them with veggies for a healthy meal prep for the week!
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR CHICKEN THIGHS
Olive Oil: You can substitute avocado oil, butter, or ghee.
Chicken Thighs: You can substitute with boneless chicken breast or chicken tenders or try our Baked Boneless Chicken Breast Recipe.
Spices: Feel free to use less or more spices in this recipe depending on your preferences. Try our Homemade Taco Seasoning. You could also use a marinade like Lemon Garlic Marinade, Greek Marinade, or one of these 5 Chicken Marinades.
What to Serve with Baked Bone-In Chicken Thighs
We love pairing these bone-in chicken thighs with some veggies for an easy dinner. Some of our favorites to serve these with are our
- Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
- Roasted Crispy Potatoes
- Healthy Lemon Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- Healthier Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
Baked Chicken Thighs Bone In FAQs
It’s better to bake thighs at 400° to make sure they are cooked thoroughly and the chicken stays juicy.
No, there’s no need to cover chicken thighs when baking. Leaving them uncovered will also add a crispy layer to the outside of your thighs.
Place your chicken thighs skin side up when baking to get a really crispy outside!
Storing Baked Chicken Thighs
Storing: These chicken thighs will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
Freezing: I haven’t tried freezing these chicken thighs. I think they would be best eaten fresh, but if you freeze them – let me know how they come out!
Reheating: You can reheat this recipe in the microwave, toaster oven, or oven. Chicken thighs are best when reheated in the oven or toaster oven so the skin can get nice and crispy!
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
Check out these other easy chicken recipes. Click here to grab our free healthy 30-minute dinner cookbook.
Baked Bone in Chicken Thighs
- 3.5 lbs bone in, skin on chicken thigh (8-9 thighs)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. and prepare a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Optional: You can trim off some of the excess fat from the chicken thighs. Sometimes chicken thighs have a ton of fat hanging off the side. I like to leave the tops coated in the skin/fat but trim around the edges. Most of the fat cooks off chicken thighs!
- In a small bowl mix together spices.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl. Add olive oil and toss until evenly coated. Add the spices and toss again until coated evenly.
- Place chicken thighs on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes or until it reaches an internal temp of 165. The skin should be golden brown and crispy.
Leave a Review